Monday, September 15, 2008

SAY WHAT?!?!?!?!?

So Friday night I got a call from the stake executive secretary. He asked if Cassie and I could meet with the Stake Pres on Sat morning. We said that we could and then started to dileberate on which of us was going to get a new calling (what else would the stake president want). Cassie is the first counselor in the Primary presidency and I am first counselor in the Young Men's presidency. The executive secretary was moving out of the ward and I did not want that job. So Saturday arrived and we met with the Stake president. He asked us to tell him a little about ourselves (because he doesn't know us that well). Then he what callings we had and I told him I was in the Young Men's presidency and very happy about it, and Cassie was in the Primary presidency. After that he kind of lowered his head and said, "they not going to be very happy with me". Then he asked if I (Devan) would accept a calling to serve as the.............(drumroll please).................second counselor in the bishopric. ????huh????? What did you say? I was somewhat stunned. I didn't see that one coming. The Stake president said that I still got to work with the young men, so I accepted. So on Sunday I was sustained as the newest counselor in the bishopric. The bishop and the other counselor are the same (except 2nd became 1st) and I am the second. So when I go home next week Dad will ordain me to the office of High Priest and then I will be set apart when I get back. Now I have to figure out how to juggle school, clinicals, baby, wife, and ward. I better be earning brownie points for this one.

2 comments:

Nichole said...

WHAT!!!! That is so awesome, but really bad timing...I guess he knows what he's doing. Good luck!

ang said...

That is fabulous news. You will do great, you are cut out for that. Congrats and good luck. I agree, he knows what he is doing. But I have to wish Cassie alot of luck too. Have fun