Friday, August 31, 2007

Fourth of July

Since moving out to Maryland I have been very busy and with the beginning of school this week I am afraid my time will become ever more precious and elusive. So as I am now waiting to go and pick up dad at the airport I thought I would take advantage of the opportunity to post some updates. Hopefully this will sate some of your appetites for awhile.


I have always enjoyed living in Idaho Falls and I must say that I was quite proud of our fireworks display (props go to Frank). Well some time ago they were having a small party in Washington (July 4th I think) and they were having some fireworks. I went thinking how good can it be? Well word got out that there was going to be a party.





While we were waiting for the show to start it started to rain and rain and rain some more. Eventually they even evacuated the Mall. Then when it was reopened you can only imagine the crush of people that were trying to get back in. All of our stuff was soaked including the blankets that we had planned to sit on. The Metro reported over 100,000 people entering the system after the show. Let me tell you if you thought the Greenbelt was bad...........


They had a few good shells







I also shot some video and spliced it together along with some pictures and I will try to post it here as well. In the end ....



WOW!!!!!!!! the fireworks show here is awesome. It was over twenty minutes long and just phenomenal. If you ever get a chance to go to the show it is worth the effort.




1 comment:

Trevor said...

Nice vid! Was it hard to pull it all together? Regardless, it looked pretty cool. I'll need to try posting some video.